Since 1985, William Kay, Attorney at Law, has provided clients with a unique set of legal, tax, probate and estate planning services. With more than 25 years of experience, we are well positioned to address your needs.
From our offices in Wyckoff, we represent clients throughout New Jersey, including Bergen and Passaic counties and surrounding areas as well as New York. Our legal services include:
- Will Preparation
- Estate Planning
- Probate and Administration
- Formation & Choice of Entry
- Purchases & Sales
- Liquidation & Dissolution
- Tax Planning & Analysis
- IRS & State Problems
- Offers in Compromise
- Closing Agreements
We offer a straightforward approach to estate planning. We assist in preparing a complex or simple will, durable power of attorney and health care directive.
We provide guidance in the administration process, beginning with the probate of the will. Our focus is on taking advantage of the numerous tax saving opportunities that exist through the probate process while providing personal guidance and attention to any questions or issues that arise.
We have much experience with a variety of tax related matters:
- Tax debt. We guide our clients through the process of settling their tax debts via a realistic approach that includes penalty abatement, installment agreements and offers in compromise.
- Nonfilers. We work with businesses and individual clients to become current after not filing returns for a number of years.
- Tax controversy. We are regularly involved with comprehensive and specific IRS and state audits involving sales tax, employment tax, employee/independent contractor issues as well as specific issues involving tax matters.
We represent both sellers and buyers of businesses with an emphasis on helping to structure transactions from a tax perspective. We can also lead you confidently in forming or dissolving a business.
We provide representation for both residential and commercial real estate purchases and sales.